Senior Java Engineer
Encode is currently seeking a Senior Java Engineer to join their Development Team in Copenhagen, Denmark, as they continue to expand their leading SaaS automation platform to plan, manage and distribute marketing content across all media in the fast-growing Marketing Technology (MarTech) space.
The Product Development Team has team members in Copenhagen, Odense, Kiev, London, and California. Encode follow lean and agile methodologies in building their product and pay attention to user experience and delivering outcomes that Encode's customers and the market will love.
You are an experienced Java engineer with a passion for creating clean performant generic solutions. You’ll bring knowledge and expertise in architecting and implementing microservices in a Kubernetes driven cloud environment.
- Discuss and agree on overall system architecture with the team of software architects, to ensure Encode's platform remains performant and easy to scale
- Collaborate with product management and the Frontend team to implement innovative solutions with clean separation between business logic and presentation (Encode use REST endpoints and a ReactJS based frontend).
- Extend and promote coding standards, documentation and become one of Encode's role models in the engineering team.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of developing scalable international enterprise applications.
- Degree in computer science
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Java trends, techniques, and technologies
- Strong knowledge about Java, Spring(MVC/Security/Boot), Hibernate/SQL, Elastic/Lucene, AMQP, Gradle and Google/Amazon cloud services
- Experience of producing clean, self-documenting, secure and optimized REST endpoints
- Experience in automated testing and being part of a continuous delivery pipeline
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with enterprise change management processes
- Experience in image and video manipulation and conversions.
- Experience with AI/Machine learning (Python)
- Interest in IT Security and experience with automated testing
- Experience with microservice cloud infrastructures
- English - fluent
- High-execution, self-motivated, go-getter attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting skills
Life at Encode
Encode are constantly striving to ensure that they offer the most encouraging, supportive and efficient environment possible. Encode want everyone on the team to be empowered to influence their product strategy decisions. The whole team is involved in prioritizing and evaluating Encode's releases.
- Great team and friendly environment
- Challenging tasks
- Lack of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary
Encode is for the hard-working and highly skilled professional who lives and breathes for improving the everyday lives of their customers. Encode is a fun and friendly place to work and a place with all the benefits you might expect.
Diversity is a core Encode trait. They are all sorts of people: Multiple nationalities and languages, multiple backgrounds, a wide range of different technical, commercial or humanistic educations and very diverse backgrounds: Some are technical, others are commercial, and yet others have worked on the client side previously.
Encode put great emphasis on an open, honest, and friendly tone and collaboration internally among their colleagues and externally with their clients. They often get a very close relationship with their customers, and they share the everyday ups and downs with them. At Encode, social skills are as important as professional skills
Encode grasp every new possibility to learn new stuff. Internal education programs are important to keep everyone up to date and the toolbox equipped with the most efficient tools.
Your time and career are important to Strepa
… and you can expect honesty, respect, and constructive feedback from us.
As a candidate working with Strepa, we do our best to match you with companies, which reflects your values and ambitions and can contribute to your professional development so you stay passionate and motivated in your job.